30 March 2011

A Reason Why I Love DC

Miss America is why! This is my second entry on reasons why I love DC and its as patriotic as it can get (so far)! Last night I went to an event to benefit the Miss District of Columbia Foundation and the Miss America Organization. Both foundations help woman achieve their goals by offering amazing scholarships.

I arrived very early only because you never know how the Metro will be. But, I was able to see everything. The setting up (yes...I was that early), the guests start to come in, the entrance of the Misses, and the entrance of Miss America herself! It was superb! Check out the photos:


Miss Virginia and Miss DC


Miss America (She is only 17)!





























Miss Oregon


Me with Miss America! She is only 17 and I told her I was 17 as well, so we hit it off! I could only talk to her for less than minute, but in that minute I could tell she loves where she is and would want every young woman to pursue it!

No comments:

Post a Comment