04 April 2011

New me, New Hela!


























I traveled to Chevy Chase, Maryland, yesterday to go the Hela Salon and Spa to review another facial service. And, like the first time, it was wonderful and I recorded my adventure!



CLEANSING
Sedi, my esthetician, carefully removes oil and dead cells. You can feel you pores starting to become open.

EXFOLIATION
The second step in my facial was a mask that was an exfoliator and smelt heavenly! This mask removed more oils, but also dead skin cells. During this time as well, a device blows out stream on your face. This opens up your pores and readies them for extraction

MASSAGE
With most facials, you receive a massage. This one was focused on my upper body and mainly my face. The oils left my skin feeling smooth and baby-bottom soft. The movements during the massage start to bring up all the grime in your pores.

EXTRACTION
Beauty is pain. I told Sedi to not stop and just get everything out! Extractions are down by hand. In some cases, little tools may be used to make deep black heads and cores come up to the surface.

HYDRATION
After everything is complete, a toner is sprayed to remove anything remaining on top of the skin and then you are "sealed" with a moisturizer.

All in all, a simple hour is all it takes to make your skin be able to breathe and for you to feel relaxed and refreshed.

The Abba, 50 minutes, $130. Hela Salon and Spa at The Collection at Chevy Chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment