14 February 2011

Mercedes-Benz F/W 2011 Report

I left for NYC on Friday, February 11th. The bus was trip was very enjoyable since my friend and fellow blogger, Bailey Vincent Clark, was on the bus. The bus itself made the trip smooth as well. We were on a Vamoose bus. They only run from Rosslyn and Lorton, VA, and Bethesda, MD to NYC. Then, it returns to those locations.

I arrived in the city at 11am and got to my friends apartment at 11:30. My first Fashion Week to-do was at one: private visit to the THEIA showroom. I called and asked if I could move it to 12:30. This also helped me so I could get to the tents for the Rebecca Minkoff show on time.

At THEIA, I was in awe. The garments were so beautiful. Their source of inspiration was an ancient Irish book, the Book of Kells. Every dress was just stunning. All of these could be show-stoppers. My favorite:



See more photos in my THEIA Review post.

After THEIA, it was to the tents for Rebecca Minkoff at three. As you have seen me post about, Rebecca had sent me a mens bag for the Project Runway show last season and during that season I couldn't attend her presentation. I wanted to make sure this season I was there! And I am very happy I was. Rebecca is becoming a lifestyle brand and everything in her show was a creation of hers.

Next up was Nicole Miller. That was my last show on Friday.

Saturday, I had Jill Stuart, Vivienne Tam, and Yoana Baraschi. Also on Saturday I went to suites located in the luxurious Empire Hotel.

On Sunday, my final day, I attended the DKNY Show and again more suites in the Empire Hotel.

Check back for review on all of these runway shows and suites!

No comments:

Post a Comment