29 September 2010

Bonjour Paris!

Its that amazing time of the year: Paris Fashion Week! Now having only been to NY Fashion Week and knowing how crazy it is there, I could only imagine what it would be like in Paris.

The schedule can be found here.

Now, I just learned this that Paris Fashion Week is part of the "Big 4". It is called this since there are the four major fashion weeks, in order they are: New York, London, Milan, and lastly, Paris.

According to the Wikipedia page (I know you shouldn't believe - or cite -  most information from them) Paris Fashion Week takes place at the Carrousel du Louvre. But when I went on to the French Fashion Federation's site this was there:

I believe this may only be for members of the press, but I still found it interesting. I really liked the picture because the you can see the Avenue des Champs-Élysées on it. If I ever travel to Paris in my life time I would only want it to be for Paris Fashion Week or work-related reason. I believe in what Karl Largerfeld said here:


Have I gone to place as a tourist before? Yes! But now I see, in a way, why he said this. Tourist, no offense to us, can be really annoying. If you a business person, at least you have things to accomplish whilst in the city you traveling in.

I will post on some of the collections, so keep a look out for my upcoming posts. In between those posts I will be posting about other random stuff, just so you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment