24 September 2010

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week:Getting Ready for the Project Runway Show

On September 8th, I left on a bus trip - a four hour bus trip - to NYC. I was invited to the Project Runway Finale Show at the new Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Lincoln Center. I was invited by Tim Gunn, Chief Creative Officer of Liz Claiborne, Inc., and mentor on Project Runway.

I arrived at my hotel at 11:30pm-ish. As I was checking in, the receptionist looked at the screen and then behind her. She left her check-in station and picked up an Anthropologie bag and said "This was messengered here for you."

I had requested a bag from a designer and I did not know if you she would send it to me or not. The designer, Rebecca Minkoff, has created a mens' line. The bag was gorgeous. Perfect in every way. The attention to detail was flawless.
Sorry about the lighting!

At around midnight I fell asleep to the sound of sirens, cabs honking, and the subtle glow of a city that never sleeps.

I woke up at 4:45am since I was also invited to the top secret pre-show, where I was able to find out who the finalist are. (NOTE: I can not and will not say more than that.) 

I loved the outfit I picked out:

Please don't mind that I'm in my hotel room.

Thus began my journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment