22 September 2010

we must go forward to look back

With that said, I am currently avoiding having to do my Spanish homework and studying for my AP Environmental Science quiz I have tomorrow. I believe fashion trumps all, in most cases. Fashion, which I consider part of The Arts, is very important, as are all Arts.

In the United States I believe our country is losing a footing there. Everyone is becoming uncultured. With that I mean when you look (way) back in school and read about colonial times and medieval times, everyone of middle to upper class citizens, knew more than one language, had read all the great classics (that had been written up to the point), and traveled extensively to learn more.

I know nowadays most people could not afford to travel, but there is no excuse to not try and learn another language. I am currently taking Spanish. I know I should be taking French since it is more cultured, but Spanish is more practical in the United States and comes in very handy!

Well, there is my first little rant! How I am going to develop my blog is my label, or tagging, each post as either "Looking Back" or "Going Forward." "Looking Back" will consist of just that. Looking into my life past. "Going Forward" will have everything else. What I think are trends, what I am doing, or just did.

I hope that isn't too confusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment