24 December 2010

Review: 2010

2010 has come and gone now (I know there are a few more days, but nothing much more will occur).

I want to look back and reflect. I want to thank people (A TON!) So let me begin:

Elaine MensahAba Bonney KwawuJames Cornwell, Marie Nichole Devolites, Maggy Francois, Kenny Flanagan, Tim Gunn, Andrea RodgersPergrin PervezDouglas SondersNicholas Cambata, Elizabeth Hogue, Elisabeth Link, Emore'J, Rachel Roy, Rebecca Minkoff, Kate Michael, Lydia Russo, Makeda Saggau-Sackey, Christine Brooks-Cropper, Shannon Kietly and SO many more that I know I will be editing this post for!

The above individuals helped me and continue to help me in with my fashion endeavors. I may have worked with them, interviewed them, reviewed an event or show, or they are just an amazing individual that I have come across in my journeys!

I have attended so many events this year:

  1. Rachel Roy Meet-and-Greet @ Macy's (Tysons Galleria)
  2. All Access Fashion (Tysons Galleria)
  3. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week (Lincoln Center, NYC)
  4. Emore'J Couture Apparatus II (TheArc)
  5. Mya's new music video @ Lima (K Street)
  6. Nicole Miller Meet-and-Greet (Tysons Galleria)
  7. Scarf Party (New to You Boutique)
  8. Shoot for Change (Georgetown BoConcept)
  9. 6th Annual Fashion Fights Poverty Gala (Artisphere, Roslyn)
  10. FFP Lookbook Photo Shoot (Old Town)
  11. MStyle Lab Launch @ Macy''s (Tysons Corner)
  12. Paul Wharton Meet-and-Greet (Tysons Corner)
  13. Rebecca Minoff Meet-and-Greet (Tysons Galleria)
  14. West Potomac High School Fashion Show (West Potomac High School)
  15. National Fashion Design Awards Keynote Address (Renwick Gallery, DC)
  16. House of Kas Store Opening Runway Show (National Harbor)
  17. Project Fundway Judging (National Harbor)
  18. Project Fundway Finale Show (The Warner Theatre)



I try to keep very busy and still attend high school full time. It is a challenge, but it will pay off in the end, I know it will.

I don't write this to brag or gloat, but purely reflect that at 17 (16 for a majority of these events) I was 17! I want to show all young adults that you can do anything you put your mind to!

Thank you to everyone! And PLEASE let me know if I have forgotten anything! I will not take offense; I want to make sure everyone gets due credit!



James Cornwell, Ryan Charchian, Elaine Mensah

More photos from the year after the jump!



Ryan Charchian and Rebecca Minkoff

Rachel Roy and Ryan Charchian

House of Kas

Maggy Francois, Tim Gunn, Christine Brooks-Cropper, and friend

All Access Fashion 2010


FFP 6th Anual Gala

Elizabeth Hogue and Ryan Charchian at the House of Kas Store Opening Runway Show


Ryan Charchian, Danielle Smith, Duncan Cannon, and Ryan Mattimoe


Shannon Kietly


Scarf Party at New to You


Lydia Russo and Ashley Arias


Ryan Charchian and Nicole Miller


Tanya Sharma and Kate Michael


Thank you all! I can't wait for the New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ryan,

    You are such an inspiring person. I had such a wonderful time getting to know you this year and I am so proud of you for all of your achievements. I can't believe you are only in highschool---you are so mature for your age. Keep smiling and staying positive, it's always a pleasure seeing you! Hope to see you at many more events in the future.

    xoxo
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post! what an exciting year you've had!!! =) i also love all the photos. congrats ryan, looks like you're headed in an amazing direction.

    Full Time Fabulous - Kristy
    twitter: @kristyelena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ryan,

    I totally spent the last twenty minutes reading through your blog. I love that there's a fellow DC/NoVa blogger--I'm so tired of people saying our area doesn't have style!

    Let me know if you ever need a plus one for one of the local events! I'm pretty much amazing at life, and I would love to hang out with a fellow blogger!

    xo
    Tierney
    RubyWooLovesYou.com

    ReplyDelete