01 October 2010

Teenage Paparazzo

This documentary was on the other night and was truly fascinating. I first read about Austin in GQ. This documentary now gives us a first hand look inside the world of a paparazzo, especially a 14 year old one.

This film made think about myself. I am very young, doing things normally only adults do. In some parts Austin is very selfish. And I wonder: Have I ever done that? I would feel really bad if I have. My worst fear is having the small amount of fame I have go to my head.

Here is clip form the Adrian Grenier-produced film:



This film really opened my eyes. I was very happy I saw it on HBO.

Austin is now 16 or older. He has changed himself. At the end of the film they catch up with him a year later. He recognizes what he was doing wrong to people and corrects it. I have to admit, I have noticed things I have done wrong (and continue to do), but I haven't changed like him. I will though, it will just take some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment